We’re Hiring! Now Accepting Applications for Development and Outreach Manager
We seek a Development and Outreach Manager to join our team! This position is responsible for managing our fundraising strategy and campaigns, communicating with donors, and galvanizing a team of staff, board, and volunteers to raise funds. This position must thrive on relationship building and understand the critical importance of engaging others to sustain our work. Fundraising experience is not a must, but the right candidate will demonstrate a high attention to detail, contagious enthusiasm for donor cultivation, and ability to inspire others.
To apply, email your resume and a cover letter or writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development and Outreach Manager” in the subject line. Position open until filled. Start date will be July 5 (though we have flexibility on this).
The Development and Outreach Manager is responsible for managing the fundraising efforts of Nebraska Conservation Voters and Conservation Nebraska, including membership building, major donor cultivation and stewardship, business sponsorships, event planning, and online engagement. This position is also responsible for The Development and Outreach Manager is also responsible for providing support to other staff and board members in their fundraising work.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage organization’s development planning and evaluation.
- Work with NCV’s staff and Board to create and oversee organizational development plans.
- Work with staff and Board of Directors on implementing fundraising strategies.
- Evaluate and track fundraising program results, and develop strategies to improve fundraising performance.
Coordinate major donor program.
- Together with Executive Director and Deputy Director, set annual major donor goals, cultivation and stewardship activities, and re-solicitation strategies.
- Conduct call time for personal visit setup and direct solicitation over the phone, and manage call time for Deputy Director
- Build strong and enduring relationships with current major donors, foundation program officers and prospects through intentional cultivation and stewardship
- Identify, research and qualify new major donor prospects.
- Upgrade membership level donors to major donors through personal visits and phone calls.
- Initiate contact and set up meetings for new and current major donors with Board members and staff
Manage foundation fundraising
- Work with NCV’s staff and Board to identify foundation prospects.
- Work with Deputy Director to prepare grant proposals and reports.
- Manage the granting calendar and ensure timely submission of grant proposals and reports.
Direct membership/supporters program.
- Develop and oversee implementation of annual membership plan, which will include:
- Maintaining and implementing system for renewing current members, including mailings, phoning, thank you letters and database record keeping.
- Maintaining and implementing a system for prospecting potential new members.
- Maintain and implement online giving and membership growth.
Oversee annual fundraising event and coordinate business giving
- Coordinate all fundraising aspects of annual fundraising event
- Solicit business sponsorships.
- Evaluate creative ways to raise money from event.
Assist with organizational marketing.
- Lead online engagement strategies, including managing social media accounts and websites
- Contribute to production, mailing and timelines for newsletters.
- Coordinate productions and mailing of annual reports.
- Coordinate production of other marketing materials as needed (i.e. brochures, holiday cards, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience required
- Strong communication skills including writing and public speaking.
- Previous experience planning and executing events.
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills a must.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build and direct the project and its programs.
- Commitment to the goals, mission and vision of NCV.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet deadlines and be part of a team working toward a common goal.
BONUS IF YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING EXPERIENCE:
- At least one year in campaign or non-profit fundraising.
- Demonstrated experience and success in nonprofit fundraising, including major donor development and writing online and direct mail fundraising appeals.
- Experience writing grant proposals and grant reports.
- Experience with fundraising software.
- Based in Lincoln.
- Some travel is necessary.
- Some evening and weekend work required.
- Team player: Given the small size of the organization, the Development and Outreach Manager will be expected to fulfill other program responsibilities and other duties as needed, including campaign and field operations.
- Fast-paced and requires juggling multiple projects and meeting deadlines (in return we provide some flexibility).
SALARY RANGE: $30,000- $45,000, depending on experience.
TO APPLY: NCV will accept resumes until the position is filled. Please send your resume and a cover letter or writing sample via email or mail to Chelsea Johnson at email@example.com