We’re Hiring! Now Accepting Applications for Operations Associate
Position: Operations Associate
Job Type: Part-time
Deadline: Deadline for applications is Monday, September 27, 2021. Applications will be reviewed and a candidate may be offered the position before the deadline.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume via email to Chelsea Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nebraska Conservation Voters (NCV) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to protect our state’s environment by educating voters, advocating for sound policies, and electing conservation champions. If you care deeply about our state and ensuring that Nebraska has a bright future, this opportunity is for you.
NCV is hiring an Operations Associate to assist with NCV’s administration and operation. As the Operations Associate, you will work closely with NCV’s Deputy Director in executing the administrative operations of NCV and its sister organization, Conservation Nebraska. Responsibilities include assisting with office and staff operations, supporting new hire onboarding, bookkeeping, and providing general administrative support. This position is critical to supporting a growing staff and an organization with staff working across the state.
The Operations Associate is a new position with five primary job functions:
- (40%) Financial recordkeeping and reporting.
- (25%) Basic HR functions such as timesheets and onboarding.
- (15%) Resource development tasks, such as data maintenance, donor thank you cards, and grant compliance.
- (15%) Coordinating travel and meetings for senior staff.
- (5%) Provision of general office support, including mail and ordering office supplies.
This is a part-time, flexible position averaging 10-20 hours per week. Hours will vary based on tasks and needs. Must be able to come into the Lincoln office for at least one day per week, but can work remotely for most tasks.
$15-$25/hour. Pay depends on qualifications.
The following list includes the major responsibilities and expectations. This list is not all inclusive; the employee may be expected to perform job related duties other than those contained in this list.
- Preparing and filing employment forms and other documents.
- Assisting with recruitment and onboarding processes.
- Reviewing and filing employee hours reports.
- Data entry.
- Thank you cards to donors.
- Filing invoices, receipts, and other financial information.
- Entering information into QuickBooks.
- Preparing financial reports.
- Coordinating meetings.
- Assist in providing general office support (mail, taking inventory and ordering office supplies, etc.)
- High School Graduate (Required)
- Degree in Accounting, HR, or Business-related field is preferred.
*This opportunity is open to college students. We are flexible and will work around academic schedules for the right candidate.
Experience and Skills:
- Microsoft Excel
- Bookkeeping experience
- HR experience
- Administrative experience
- Attention to detail
- Fast learner
- Flexible location – can be remote or in-office. Must be in the office at least one day per week.